Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for many thousands of years due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, antibiotic and anti-oxidant properties. Combined with milk, turmeric is often used to treat a wide variety of health problems and to promote good health in general.
In fact, this healthy drink is a popular home remedy to treat small to major health conditions. Some of the health benefits of hot turmeric milk are listed below.
Health Benefits of Turmeric Milk
- As turmeric has anti-microbial it can effectively treat various respiratory problems like asthma, bronchitis, lung congestion and sinus. This healthy drink ican easily treat bacterial infections and viral infections.
- Turmeric milk is good for the stomach and helps in the digestion process. It can be used to treat diarrhea and indigestion but for this you need to use low fat milk. High fat milk can aggravate the symptoms of diarrhea.
- Turmeric milk can also give you healthy and glowing slin. This heathy drink works as soothing mask or lotion to reduce redness of the skin or patches, which are very common skin problems.
- The antiviral and antibacterial properties of turmeric make hot turmeric milk one of the best home remedies to treat cold and cough. This simple drink can be used to soothe an aching throat or feverishness. A sip of this hot turmeric milk will treat the symptoms of common cold and cough within a day or two.
- It is a known fact that milk being rich in calcium is good to get strong and healthy bones. Plus, turmeric also has bone-strengthening properties that can help to strengthening bones.
- Due to turmeric's high antioxidant content, the combination of milk and turmeric is commonly recommended to fight free radicals that cause damage to skin cells and make your skin lose elasticity.
- Turmeric milk benefits the health as it stops the growth of breast, skin, lung, prostate, and colon cancer due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric milk has amino acid, tryptophan which helps you get a peaceful and deep sleep. Those who have sleep problems must drink a glass of hot turmeric milk daily half an hour before going to bed.
- The anti-inflammatory property of turmeric is very useful to treating arthritis pain. Turmeric milk provides relief from arthritis pain and also improves flexibility of the joints and muscles.
- Blood impurities can lead to sever health problems and turmeric milk is a great remedy to purify blood naturally. It revitalizes and boosts blood circulation in the body. This healthy drink also thins the blood which cleanses the lymphatic system and blood vessels from impurities.
Recipe of Hot Turmeric Milk
Hot turmeric milk can be easily prepared at home.
- Heat one glass of milk on the stove.
- When the milk starts boiling, add one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Stir slowly to dissolve any lumps. The milk will take on a rich, mustard color.
- Remove from heat and then add one tablespoon of honey to enhance its flavor.
- Allow the solution to cool for a few minutes.
- Drink it while it is still warm.
Note: Hot turmeric milk is generally considered to be safe; however it can cause nausea and stomach upset in some individuals.
Well, looking at the health benefits of hot turmeric milk, it is time to enjoy this healthy drink on regular basis. It can be the secret behind your good health and beautiful skin.