A person has oily skin due to larger sebaceous glands that produce excess oil. Oily skin is likely to have more clogged pores and breakouts. There can be several reasons behind oily skin like genetics, overuse of skin care products, seasonal changes, use of certain medications, hormonal changes, excessive stress and sun tanning. For more details on oily skin, its symptoms, contributing factors and more, you can check www.skininc.com.
Managing oily skin during the summer season gets tougher as humidity and sweating stimulate oil gland secretions. This summer, you do not have to worry about your oily skin, as your kitchen and garden can provide you with some easy solutions. Popular sites such as www.newhealthguide.org, www.besthealthmag.ca and www.top10homeremedies.com have mentioned some easy and simple remedies for oily skin.
Some easy kitchen shelf treatments for oily skin are:
- Mix together equal amounts of freshly extracted apple juice and lime juice. Apply this mixture on your skin, leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. By following this treatment twice a week, it will become easier to remove any extra oil from your skin and make it less oily.
- Take two tablespoon of fuller’s earth, one tablespoon of honey and enough rose water to make a face pack. Apply the face pack on entire face and leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help absorb excess oil from your skin and keep it fresh. Apply this face pack once a week only.
- Aloe vera is extremely good for your oily skin. It will deep cleanse your oily skin as well as absorbs extra oil from your skin and unclog your pores. Mix aloe vera gel with strawberry pulp and crushed oats and use it as a face pack once a week to control excessive oil secretion.
- Egg white can also be used for absorbing excess oil and tightening of the skin. Apply egg white on your entire face, and wash off after 10 minutes with cold water. You can follow this treatment twice a week.
- Tomato also helps in keeping your skin less oily. Apply tomato pulp on your entire face, leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off with cold water. You can do this treatment once daily before taking your shower to remove excess oil from your skin.
- Sandalwood helps cool your skin, remove excess oil and improve your complexion. Mix lemon juice and rosewater into sandalwood paste and massage gently on your skin. This will improve blood circulation and enhance your complexion and remove traces of oil from your skin.
People who are prone to oily skin must follow the above mentioned tips and suggestions to control excess oil secretion on their skin.